Many people have asked me for fund raising Ideas for charity. So I thought I would make this website. I will share with you as many ideas as I can think of. Fund Raising can be fun. Depending on who you have to work with, how many people you have, What type/types of locations do you have to work with. I guess I will start with a group of lets say 1 to 12 people 9 yaers and up. Now you can be younger than this, in most all cases, make sure you have an adult with you up to 15 years of age. So Lets get started with the very first idea and go from there shall we.
1. A Lemonade Stand- A lemonade stand is a great way to raise money for Charity. Go to my website http://www.virtuallemonade.webs.com/ to get some free recipe's for making lemonade. Just click on the lemonade recipies link, it's that easy. Get a big container to make it in, some cups(disposable kind) and try to find a good location with alot of people passing by.Everyone loves to drink lemonade, If its Cold out sell Hot Chocolate or Tea or Coffee. If you a person of young age. Please ask an adult to help you.
2. Bake Sales- Bake sales are a blast.This is where you sell,Cookies,Cakes, Muffins,Candy, Bannana Bread or anything .that taste good. If you dont know how to bake, then ask someone who does to help you make items to sell. Tell them your raising money for Charity. Most people will be glad to help you. Always have an adult present or close by.
3. Car Wash- Rememer to ask permission if you are going to do this on someone elses property. Car washes are a great fundraising Idea, If the weather permits. You need to find a good location where there is alot of traffic.If you get 6 to 8 people or more,there should be no problem. All that is required are some, Buckets,soap,Glass Cleaner, Rags to wash with, Towles to dry with. A place that has a water spicket and a hose and a couple of signs Telling people about your car wash.
4. Bowl -Athons- This is where you get a bunch of people together and go bowling. You can get your friends and family members to sponser you. By signing up on a piece of paper their name and the amount of money for each point that you score. This can be anywhere from 1/4 cent a point to a penny a point or more for every point you score..
An Example would be, if you got someone to pay you a penny a point for each point you scored. For lets say 3 games. Now lets say you bowled a 200 point score. 200x.01=$2.00. the next game you bowled a 169 points. 169x.01=$1.69 cents, the 3rd game you bowled a 121 points. 121x.01=$1.29
Now thats $2.00 + $1.69+$1.21= $4.90 cents. Now here is where it starts to add up. Lets say you had 10 people on your list. That's $40.90 cents. If each person were to pay you a nickel a point then thats $204.50 Cents. Not bad for a night of having fun.
Now lets go back to the example where each person paid you a penny. you have $40 90 cents. If you had a group of 10 people helping you to raise money for charity, and they all did the same thing as you did. Now you and your group will have raised $409.00 as a group for your Charity. The more people you can get involved, The more money you can make for your Charity.
5. Cross country races,Bike-Athons-Walk Athons- This requires an entry fee for every individual. If you choose to hold one of these events, It is a good idea to notify the local authorities(police and loca fire), and have trained medical and emergency people on hand in case someone gets hurt, has an injury or accident of any kind, gets faint or becomes sick or whatever. It also is a good idea to have a release and hold harmless waiver for all entrants to sighn, Especially if they are taking medicine,pregnant, or what ever for any reason. Have their doctor give them a note saying its ok for them to participate as,well as have them sighn a waiver.Have plenty of water,Shade and help on hand for any reason that may arrise. Have emergency personell scattered throughout the course of your event. It is also a good idea to have some gatorade on hand.
6.Carnivals- Great for Schools, Churches, or any organizations. Carnivals can be real fun. You can have several games for fun. A 2 legged sack Race.This is where you get 2 people to put 1 leg each in a large sack, (Heavy Duty Trash Bag or Burlap sack). One of them puts there Left leg in and the other puts there right leg in. They approach a start line, the command Ready,Set Go is given, and they hop about 25 or 30 yards to te finish line.
Another game could be a Ballon Toss. This is where you find a partner. Make up several teams of 2 people. Fill up water ballonons.,Stand Close together about 1 foot apart. The Idea is for each person in each team to throw to the other.(their partner) and that person throws it back. Once each person in each team successfully throws and catches the water balloon, without it breaking. The next step is for each person in each team take 2 steps back away from each other, and toss the ballon to each other again. If it does not break, then each person takes 2 more steps back and repeats the process. If the water ballon breaks, then that team is out of the contest. The Team taht goes the longest, or is the farthest apart without breaking their ballon is the winner.
Musical Chairs-This is another great carnival game. This is where you get a bunch of chairs about 8 or 10 or 12 chairs and place them in a circle. Now you get 1 more person then there are chairs. You play a song,CD or radio. Someone has to be in charge to start and stop the music at anytime. Once the song starts playing. the contestants start walking around the chairs in a clockwise circle. Once the music stops.(this is determined by the person in charge of playing the music at his or her choice, when to start or stop the music). Once the music stops, everyone scrambles to sit down in a chair, the one left standing is out. Once a person is out, everyone stands up, 1 chair is then taken out of the circle. The music starts playing and then stops, again everyone scrambles to sit down. Once again a person is left standing, then they are out. Another chair is removed. The process is repeated untill there is only 1 chair left and 2 people.
The music starts and stops the person who gets to the chair 1st wins the event. Usually a prize is awarded such as a cake. In the old days this game was also known as a cake walk.
Just about any adult has been to a small carnival of some kind. Ask them for more Ideas on games and ways to make money, They will be glad to give you any information and ideas if they can. The more Ideas and games, The Better.
7.Penny Drives- This is where you get a bunch of people together, usually a church or school of some kind and ask every member to ask everyone they know for some pennies, Tell them its for a good cause, The money is going to charity. People will usually give you there pennies, or some small donation. ask friends,family members, fellow students,church members, Local retailer or small store owner. Please tell them you are collecting for charity. The more people you get involved, The more money you will raise.
.8. Yard Sales/Garage SalesParking Lot Sales- This is where you or anyone you know gathers up a bunch of stuff that they do not want or need. Gather all the stuff together in one location.Places prices on the stuff, Run an ad in the newspaper.(usually a good idea to hold it on a weekend,(Friday,Saturday or Sunday). Make up some sighns with arrows pointing to your location, The address where your holding it and the time in which you are going bto be selling these items, (usually an event that last 6 to 10 hours).
9. Auctions- This is where you ask someone to give up something of value in exchange for a Tax Receipt. This is usually done by a Licensed Non Profit Organization. However, you may be able to something of value,without giving them a tax receipt. If they know it is for a good cause, they just might part with something. A silent Auction is where you put Several things on display, with a couple of Note Books. Put in each notebook a place where people can put their Name and Contact information(Phone Number).A place where they can write what item they are bidding on, and a place for how much they are willing to bid. set a time for the auction to Start, and a time for it to end. Remember to thank everyone for coming and placing there bid, and tell them you will contact them if they have won. Once the auction is over,The people with the highest bid wins that item. Contact them and let them know they have won, Remember to be discreet, Do not tell every person who bid on the item who actually one it. There privacy is important. Do contact everyone who did not win the item in which they bid on, Tell them you received a higher offer for the item/sThat they bid on. Tell them you can not reveal who the winner isas the silent auction is based on Anonanimity. Thank Them for coming.
10. Bingo- If your a non profit agency, Bingo is a great way to make money. If you are not a nonprofit agency, then the local authorities and the state gaming commission may have something to say about that. Each state has its own set of rules for playing bingo for Charity, Check with your State Gaming Commision of the rules of playing bingo for charity, before holding such an event.
Please continue To scroll Down!
11. Sell products for Charity, Each Year the girl scouts sell cookies and the boy scouts sell candy bars. If your looking to sell products for Charity, It could take a little investment on your part. Make sure you sell the products for enough money to get your investment back and raise a good amount od money for charity, An Example: If you invested in a product for $1.00 then Sell each item For $2.50 cents or $3.00.
If your looking for products to sell then go to Google.com and type in Candy or cookies for charity.
12. Recycling- Collecting aluminum cans or newspaper, and turn it into a recycling center for cash.
13. Hold a play or skit or Concert. These are fun fundraising Ideas.
Finally one more idea. when I was a kid. People would come to my school with a projector and some cartoons, or a movie, and all the students would gather in the cafeteria or gym, and for a $1.00 we got to watch a movie for a couple of hours. The school was good size so we split it up 1-3rd,4-6th,7th- 9th ,and so on. If you havea school with around 250 or 300 students then you made some money, I bet you could charge $2 or more, maybe $3.00 in todays time. You could easily make $300 to $900 or More.
Well these are my Ideas, and perhaps you Know of other ideas, or someone you know may have a few ideas not mentioned here. remember when your raising money for charity, Everybody Wins!!!!